Welcome to the Treasurer’s Department page.
The Treasurer’s Department is committed to serving the residents of, and visitors to, Orion Township with integrity by providing efficient, professional and courteous customer service.
Role of the treasurer
“By statute, the township treasurer is required to receive and take charge of all funds belonging to the township or which are required by law to be paid into the township treasury, and to pay over and account for the funds according to law or township board decision” – Michigan Townships Association
The Treasurer is an elected member of the Township Board of Trustees and, as a member of the Board, votes on all issues upon which a vote is required.
duties & responsibilities of the treasurer's department
- Provide top notch service to the community at large.
- Receive, receipt, and reconcile all payments made to the township. This includes but is not limited to; water/sewer payments, building invoices, Parks and Recreation payments, and Township & Village tax payments.
- Accurately distribute tax monies to each collecting tax entity in a timely manner.
- Invest monies to meet the cash flow needs of the Township.
- Review and authorize all accounts payable and payroll payments.
- Serves as point of contact for purchase of Oakland County’s dog license and county park passes.