New Municipal Complex
Orion Township is constructing a new municpal complex, which will include Township Hall, Sheriff's Offices, a trail head to the Polly Ann Trail, and a future municipal park. Below is historical and current information used to determine new facility needs, and to answer questions residents may have about the new site. If you have any comments or questions, please share them with us using our online webform.
- View the live construction webcam. (new picture every 30 minutes).
- View drone pictures of construction activity.
- View videos and pictures from the September 21, 2020 Groundbreaking.
Monthly Progress Reports
- September 2021 Executive Report
- August 2021 Executive Report
- July 2021 Executive Report
- June 2021 Executive Report
- May 2021 Executive Report
- April 2021 Executive Report
- March 2021 Executive Report
- February 2021 Executive Report
- January 2021 Executive Report
- December 2020 Executive Report
- November 2020 Executive Report
- October 2020 Executive Report
- September 2020 Executive Report
- August 2020 Executive Report
Capital Improvement Bond Sale
Orion Charter Township successfully sold its $15,000,000 Capital Improvement Bonds to finance part of the cost of a new Township Hall Facility on September 2, 2020. The Bonds were sold at a competitive public sale with multiple bidders and the winning bidder was Morgan, Stanley & Co. Morgan Stanley's bid was to purchase the Bonds and pay $16,074,254.29 to the Township and the Township will repay the $15,000,000 of Bonds over 20 years at an interest cost of 1.77%. The Bonds were rated AA by S&P Global Rating Service. Closing on the bond issue took place on September 18, 2020.
August 17, 2020 Board Meeting Materials
August 6, 2020 Board Workshop Materials
- Orion Township Municipal Hall Schedule
- Recommended Subcontractors
- Historical Cost Evaluation
- Total Construction Summary
- Orion Township Budget Summary
- Additional Options and Value Engineering Summary
- Orion Township Project Cash Flow
- Owner Direct Purchase Costs
- Total Project Cost
- Bond Timetable
- Workshop Presentation Slides
Video Tours of Existing Facilities