Orion Township residents were provided with one 95-gallon garbage cart and one 64-gallon recycling cart, which have serial numbers coded to their address. Residents must use these carts for garbage and recycling. For a one-time fee, additional carts may be purchased, or exchanged for a different size by contacting GFL Customer Service online or calling (248) 204-4039.
- Do not place heavy items in the cart, such as concrete, sand, gravel, or soil
- Rinse the cart out with water from time to time. If odor exists, use mild soap and water to wash the cart.
- Do not exceed the weight limits listed on the cart.
- Hot items, such as ashes, will destroy the cart and should never be placed in the cart.
- Hazardous materials, chemicals, or flammable liquids should not be placed in the cart.
- Never roll the cart with the lid open.
- Do not place the cart on slopes.
- Dragging the cart will wear a hole in the bottom. Please make sure to use the wheels to move the cart from your home to the curb on collection days.
- Playing on or in the cart can cause injury or entrapment, and should not be done.