Unemployment & Job Opportunities
For Orion Township residents who are experiencing unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 disease, we have compiled a list of resources that might be helpful to you as you navigate this crisis.
- Fact sheet of expanded Unemployment Benefits and how to apply
- Governor Announces new programs to increase and expand unemployment benefits to workers affected by COVID-19. The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) will provide additional guidance regarding eligibility and application details in the coming days.
- Read the news release on Executive Order 2020-10, explaining the temporary expansion of unemployment benefit eligibility.
- Read the factsheet on how to apply for unemployment benefits.
- Read the handout on the filing process.
- Review Unemployment filing schedule to find the day you should apply for benefits.
- Apply for unemployment benefits at Michigan.gov/UIA or call 1-866-500-0017.
- Additional unemployment resources may be found on the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity website.
- ONE FAIR WAGE - Emergency Coronovirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund