TOWNSHIP HALL & ORION CENTER have reopened for regular business
While Township Hall and the Orion Center reopened to the public for regular business, residents and visitors are still encouraged to interact with us remotely via email, by phone or using our many online resources.
Please note: All payments may continue to be made by mail, online, or using the secured drop-boxes in front of Township Hall. Proof of receipt for any payments made can be emailed or mailed to you within one business day– please provide your email or mailing address and receipt request with your payment.
For those who will be visiting us again in person, a few things to be aware of:
- All Township employees will be wearing facemasks while moving about the building and interacting with the public.
- Anyone from the public entering the building will also need to wear a facemask. We have masks available for those who do not have one.
- The ground floor entrance near the Sheriff's Office, as well as the front doors facing Joslyn Road, will be unlocked for the public to enter and exit.
- Please mind the floor decals designating proper social distancing, as well as the areas of the building open to the public.
- Once you are finished with your task, you will exit the building out of the same set of doors you entered.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assisting in the best way possible!
Provided below are many of the common services residents would come to Township Hall to complete, with instructions on how to complete those actions remotely, including contact information and clickable links to online payment portals and department web pages for more information. Located below Township Services are Oakland County Services, including the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.
If you do not see what you need below, please do not hesitate to call us at 248-391-0304.
- Submit an online permit application.
- Submit Building Department payments online, including for permits, enforcement, certificate, or PZE.
- Obtain your dog license(s) online.
- View employment opportunities and submit your completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Orion Township Supervisor’s Office, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 1000.
- If you have any questions about your service, please contact GFL Customer Service by submitting a request online or calling 248-204-4039.
- To pay your bill online, log in to your account on GFL's website.
- To sign up for the senior or veteran discount, submit a completed Discount form and a copy of your driver’s license or veteran documentation (which will be destroyed once proof of age/veteran status is confirmed) by either dropping them in one of the twp drop boxes in front of Township Hall (which are secured and checked twice a day), or mailing to Orion Township Supervisor’s Office, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 8503.
- Open burning is permitted in the Township and does not require a burn permit please. Please review the Open Burning Ordinance and Frequently Asked Questions before conducting any open burning.
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 2000.
- For life threatening emergencies, please call 911.
- Watch meetings of the Township Board, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals online.
- View Agendas, Synopses, & Minutes online.
- Register for Parks and Recreation programs online.
- For facility rentals and related information, you may call 248-391-0304 ext. 3502.
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 3500.
- Questions on submitting plans, setbacks and variances, and ZBA applications, please email email@example.com or call 248-391-0304 ext. 5000.
- Submit your completed Affidavit form, Homestead Exemption form, or Address and Name Change form, and other required documents by either dropping them in one of our two drop boxes by the front doors of Township Hall (which are secured and checked twice a day) or mailed to: Charter Township of Orion, Building Department, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360. Once reviewed and filed by the Building Department, it will be mailed back to you.
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 6004.
- Water payments may be paid online with credit card or e-check (with a fee), online through your personal banking website, dropped in one of our two drop boxes by the front doors of Township Hall (which are secured and checked twice a day) or mailed to Charter Township of Orion, Water & Sewer Division, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
- You may also sign up for auto-pay by completing our Auto Pay Enrollment Form and mailing it to Township Hall or leaving it in one of the the drop boxes in front of Township Hall.
- For final water/sewer bills, please email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you will be picking up any water/sewer permits please contact us at 248-391-0304 ext. 8505. before coming to Township Hall. We will notify you when your permit will be processed and available for pick up.
- Please do not flush anything except toilet paper. Any other items could plug up your sanitary sewer line and cause a sewage back up into your home.
- If you are experiencing a sewer back up, issues with your water meter or any other concerns please contact our department at 248-391-0304 ext. 8505 during regular business hours.
- For after hour emergencies, please call 248-858-4911 as this will dispatch our on-call crew.
- Questions may be directed to 248-391-0304 ext. 8505.
OAKLAND COUNTY SERVICES:
- If you are at the Orion Township Hall Sheriff's Substation during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday), and are in need of non-emergency services, please call 248-393-0090, and you will be provided with an appropriate response, information and/or met in-person at the Call-Box.
- Pistol Sales Records should be mailed to: Oakland County Sheriff's Office, 1201 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Attn. Records Unit
- PBT Tests, Fingerprinting, and the Prescription Drug Drop Box drop-off has been temporarily suspended.
- Copies of Crash Reports, FOIA requests, and other Police reports can be requested online through the Sheriff Office at www.oakgov.com/sheriff
- Annual Oakland County Park passes may be purchased online. If purchased online, place paid receipt in window until you receive the pass in the mail.
- Daily Oakland County passes at Orion Oaks are available for purchase at the park kiosk for $5.00 per day.