We understand this is a very challenging time for many residents in Orion Township. Below we have compiled resources you might find helpful related to Governor Whitmer' Executive Order 2020-21 to Stay Home, Stay Safe; local resources for food/meals and transportation support; Orion Township Public Library's online resources and programs offerings; and more.
If you need help, we're here for you, please reach out. Fill out our Community Outreach Assistance Form if you need assistance. Community Organizations will be monitoring the submissions and assisting where they can. You can also email email@example.com, or call 248-391-0304, ext. 3507.
STATE OF MICHIGAN INFORMATION:
- COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-535-6136 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday)
- Mi Covid Alert App
- Michigan Coronavirus - Public Guidance
- MI Safe Start Plan, a Plan to Re-Engage Michigan's Economy
- Pandemic Order Frequently Asked Questions
- MDHHS Masks and Gatherings Order (updated November 15, 2020)
- Rescinded Coronavirus Executive Orders
- Frequently Asked COVID-19 Questions
- Michigan Department of Health, COVID-19 Resources and Updates
- Assistance for low-income Michiganders
- Find a COVID-19 Testing Site Near You
- Subscribe to Michigan COVID-19 News Updates:
OAKLAND COUNTY INFORMATION:
- To receive the Oakland County COVID-19 Vaccination Newsletter, register your email address at www.oaklandcountyvaccine.com or text OAKGOV COVID to 468311.
- Oakland County Health Division, COVID-19 Resources and Updates
- Listen to Recording: County Executive Dave Coulter's Special Telephone Town Hall for Senior Citizens on the Coronavirus
LOCAL FOOD RESOURCES:
- Food for Children 18 & Under - Lake Orion Schools Meals for Children
- Food for Seniors 60 & Over - visit Meals on Wheels and call 248-608-0264
- Love INC of North Oakland County: call 248-693-4357
- Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry is still accepting new clients. If you are in need of food support, please reach out to them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-628-3933.
- Oakland HOPE, food pantry and thrift store: call 248-309-3658.
- Gleaners Community Food Bank: Call 248-453-2637.
LAKE ORION RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS OPEN FOR CARRYOUT, DELIVERY AND CURBSIDE:
- Lake Orion Carryout and Delivery (check back often for an updated list
- Restaurants, use this form to list your business as open for carryout/deliver
- Downtown Lake Orion Restaurants Carryout and Delivery
- Downtown Lake Orion Retail Online or with Curbside Service by Phone
- Orionstrong.com contains a database of restaurants with takeout, curbside, and delivery options
OTHER IMPORTANT RESOURCES AND INFORMATION:
- FCC Emergency Boardband Benefit
- Lake Orion Community Schools Mindfulness Videos for Adults, Teens, and Elementary
- North Oakland Transportation Authority (NOTA) is offering FREE rides and FREE food pick-up and delivery! More information is available on their website.
- Orion Township Public Library has many online offerings for the community.
- Toilet Paper PSA. Please do not flush anything except toilet paper. Any other items could plug up your sanitary sewer line and cause a sewage back up into your home.