Community Care Resources
Because your mental health is just as important as your physical health, and we understand these are difficult times for many. Below are resources available to our community. For emergencies, please call 911.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: 741-741
- Alcoholics Anonymous Helpline: 510-839-8900
- Narcotics Anonymous Hotline - Michigan: 800-230-4085
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-989-5990
- Shatter the Stigma Family and Recovery Support Group from the Alliance for Healthy Communities now online. Click HERE to register.
- Oakland County Sheriff Rides for Recovery Program, people 18 or older with addiction issues call 248-858-4911 to obtain a ride to Oakland County Community Health Crisis Center.
LOCAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities: 248-221-7101
- Common Ground, helping people move from crisis to hope: 800-231-1127
- Haven, victims of violence and sexual assault: 877-922-1274
- Love INC. offers multiple resources: 248-693-4357
- North Oakland Community Coalition (NOCC), community resources for mental health and substance abuse support: 248-520-3786
- Oakland Community Health Network, non-emergency service access phone: 248-464-6363.
- Oakland County Youth Mobile Crisis Team, for families and individuals to help teens, young adults, and children who are experiencing a mental health crisis: 877-800-1650
- Orion Area Youth Assistance: 248-693-6878
LOCAL RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS:
These organizations have identified themselves as being available to residents who need assistance or just to talk:
- Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church: email Karen Swietlik: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gingellville Community Church, email Pastor Josh Yates: email@example.com
- Kensington Church, call: 248-786-0600
- King of Kings Lutheran Church, email Pastor Eric Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Orion United Methodist Church, email Pastor Larry Wik: email@example.com
- St. Joseph Catholic Church: email Colleen Shultz: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Woodside Bible Church, call: 248-481-8069; email: email@example.com