Orion Township contracts with Green for Life Environmental USA as the designated waste hauler of trash, recycling, yard waste, and bulk item collection in Orion Township. This new program began January 2, 2020, and includes weekly curbside collection of garbage, recycling, and bulk items; unlimited yard waste collection April 1 through December 15; and a recycling incentive program with Recyclebank. Residents are billed quarterly by GFL for this service. If you are moving to a new home in Orion Township, contact GFL to make sure that property's bill is current.
If you have any questions about your service, please contact GFL Customer Service by submitting a request online or calling 844-464-3587.
To pay your bill online, log in to your account on GFL's website.
You can find complete details on the new program in the introductory newsletter
distributed in November, as well as in the designated waste hauler FAQ Document. If you have any questions, please contact GFL Customer Service at 844-464-3587.
To ensure your trash and recycling is collected, please:
- Place your garbage and recycling in your Orion Township rolling carts, and set them out by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. Carts should be removed by 8:00 p.m. that evening.
- Each cart should have 3 feet between it and any other item.
- Do not overfill carts. If you need additional carts, contact GFL.
- Do not place hazardous waste materials, such as paints, chemicals, car batteries, electronics, etc. in your garbage and recycling carts. You may safely dispose of these materials at an Oakland County NoHaz Collection Event (FREE for Orion Township residents).
GFL observes the following holidays.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
If one of these holidays falls during the week ON OR BEFORE your collection day, your collection will be delayed one day.
Missed Collection or Problems?
Contact GFL online or at 844-464-3587.