Orion Township residents were provided with one 95-gallon garbage cart and one 64-gallon recycling cart, which have serial numbers coded to their address. Residents must use these carts for garbage and recycling. Additional carts may be purchased for a one-time fee by contacting GFL Customer Service online or by calling 844-464-3587.
Residents have a one-time option, in February and March 2020, to exchange their carts for a different size at no cost. After March 2020, there will be a $100 fee charged to exchange carts. Contact GFL Customer Service online or by calling 844-464-3587 to request a cart exchange.
Cart Use and Care
Here are some tips on how to care for your garbage and recycling carts. If your cart is missing or damaged, please contact GFL at 844-464-3587.
- Do not place heavy items in the cart, such as concrete, sand, gravel, or soil
- Rinse the cart out with water from time to time. If odor exists, use mild soap and water to wash the cart.
- Do not exceed the weight limits listed on the cart.
- Hot items, such as ashes, will destroy the cart and should never be placed in the cart.
- Hazardous materials, chemicals, or flammable liquids should not be placed in the cart.
- Never roll the cart with the lid open.
- Do not place the cart on slopes.
- Dragging the cart will wear a hole in the bottom. Please make sure to use the wheels to move the cart from your home to the curb on collection days.
- Playing on or in the cart can cause injury or entrapment, and should not be done.
Cart Placement Guidelines
Cart Frequently Asked Questions