A Re-fee of $60.00 will be charged if the inspection meets any of the following criteria:
- Job not ready for inspection (10 or more violations)
- Site cannot be accessed safely
- No address posted on site
- If the house or building is locked and inspection cannot be performed
- Items not corrected from previous inspections
A street address must be posted on the job site so as to be easily identifiable from the street. Failure to have the address clearly visible can result an automatic re-inspection fee of $60.00 if the township inspector cannot find the job site.
No Entry: If an inspector visits a property and is unable to inspect any items listed on the official notice, the inspections classified as a no entry. No entry situations usually occur after the owner or manager declines to make an appointment for re-inspection.
Safety is a major priority of our Building Department. An inspector needs to have safe access to projects.
How to Avoid Re-fees
- Contact the inspector prior to the inspection to setup a time
- Have the project ready to be inspected clean and professional
- Make sure the site is clearly posted and safely accessible for the inspector
- Add notes for the inspector in the comment sections. These can include lock box numbers, contact information, additional instructions, etc.
- Make sure an adult is onsite for the inspection. It is unlawful for an inspector to enter a premises without an adult onsite.