TOWNSHIP HALL & ORION CENTER
TO REOPEN TO THE PUBLIC JUNE 15, 2020.
To view the Township's standard website and homepage use the top menu navigation bars.
Township Hall and the Orion Center will be reopening to the public on June 15, 2020. Residents are still encouraged to work with us remotely, if possible. Drop-boxes, which are checked multiple times a day, are also still available for placing documents and payments without having to enter the building. At this time, the Orion Center will only be open for walk-in registrations and private rentals.
For those who will be visiting us again in person, things will be a little different:
- All Township employees will be wearing facemasks while moving about the building and interacting with the public.
- Anyone from the public entering the building will also need to wear a facemask. We have masks available for those who do not have one.
- Only the ground floor entrance near the Sheriff's Office will be unlocked for the public to enter and exit.
- Once you enter the building, please proceed directly up the stairs or elevator, to be greeted by a Township employee.
- You will be asked to complete a quick questionnaire. A yes to either of these questions would result in you being asked to leave the building and contact us via phone to address your needs. The two questions are:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- Cough (excluding chronic cough due to a known medical reason other than COVID-19)
- Shortness of breath
- As least 2 of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, diarrhea (excluding diarrhea due to a known medical reason), and extreme fatigue.
- Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
- If you answered No to BOTH of the questions, you will be provided a facemask if you do not already have one, and you will either be helped directly at the check-in area, or directed to the location in the building where you will be assisted by the appropriate department.
- Please mind the floor decals designating proper social distancing, as well as the areas of the building open to the public.
- Once you are finished with your task, you will exit the building out of the same set of doors you entered.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assisting in the best way possible!
We have compiled many resources for our community, including where to find the latest public health information on COVID-19; how to access Township services remotely; support services for your mental health needs; resident resources for food and engagement; and support resources for small businesses and those currently experiencing temporary unemployment.
If you do not see what you need below, please do not hesitate to call us at 248-391-0304.
Check back here or on the Township's Facebook page for the latest Township-specific updates.
For video updates, visit the Supervisor's Facebook page.
If you need help, we're here for you, please reach out. Fill out our Community Outreach Assistance Form if you need assistance. Community Organizations will be monitoring the submissions and assisting where they can. You can also email email@example.com, or call 248-391-0304, ext. 3507.
DONATIONS AND VOLUNTEER ASSISTANCE:
- Orion Donations Needed: please review this for items in need in Orion Township and how to make drop-offs.
- Residents who would like to make financial donations to support our community members in need, can do so through Love, INC of North Oakland County. All community support requests received by the Township, churches, and other local organizations, are being sent to Love, INC., to be addressed immediately or connected to the best local organization that can fill the need. All donations will remain local. Thank you for your generosity during this difficult time.
- If you are able to assist in any way by donating food, water, or supplies, delivering necessary supplies to individuals in need, or anything else please fill out our Community Assistance Volunteer form. Someone from the Township will contact you with more details and what we need at the moment.
***If you've made a donation, and would like to receive an ORION STRONG sticker, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write Orion Strong, and include your name and mailing address in the message. Thank you for your support during this time, our community appreciates you!***
For current information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please visit these sources: