Community Service Information – If you have information that would benefit the community, please email Kelly Comeau at email@example.com.
Addiction Support and Recovery Services - Click here for more information.
Older Person’s Commission (OPC) Meals on Wheels – The program is designed for seniors who are unable to shop and/or prepare meals. Volunteers provide a wellness check in addition to delivering a hot nutritious meal to homebound seniors seven days a week. For general information contact: OPC Meals on Wheels at (248) 608-0264.
The Older Person’s Commission also provides the following:
- Caregiver’s Support – Share and learn with others caring for someone who is suffering from memory loss or Alzheimer’s disease with information, encouragement, and support. Meets the1st Wednesday each month from 3:00-4:30 PM. Adult respite care is available, but pre-registration is required, call 248-608-0261.
- Grief Support – Participating in a grief support group can be a healthy first step in the healing process. Meet others who are dealing with similar losses and gain a better understanding of the grief process. This support group meets the 1st and 3rd Friday each month from 10:30-11:45 AM. For more information call 248-608-0261.
Oxford/Orion FISH provides groceries for our neighbors in need who live in Oxford, Lake Orion, Addison and Oakland Townships. If you are in need, or know someone in need who lives in one of our neighborhoods, please call the hotline at (248) 628-3933to arrange for a client review.
Love In the Name of Christ of North Oakland County (Love INC) is a non-profit cooperative effort that links churches, volunteers, and service agencies…and helps them to organize their efforts by reaching out to the poor and disadvantaged. Love INC serve as a needs “clearinghouse,” where people in need contact us and we in turn get them connected with local churches and agencies that provide them with assistance. Contact (248) 693-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Love In the Name of Christ partners with local churches to offer a Community Free Meals Program: 5:30 – 6:30 P.M. every week from Monday – Thursday.
- Monday: Lake Orion United Methodist Church – 140 E. Flint St., Lake Orion
- Tuesday: Immanuel Congregational Church - 1 Hovey St., Oxford
- Wednesday: Oxford United Methodist Church – 21 E. Burdick St.
- Thursday: Christ the King Church – 1550 W. Drahner, Oxford
Remnant Project Ministries distributes food to those who are currently struggling to feed their families due to health or financial issues. Please phone (248) 765-2233 for an interview.
Lake Orion Food Pantry
Every Tuesdays - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Community of Christ Church
531 E. Flint St., Lake Orion, MI 48362
Gary Burnstein Community Health Care Clinic – Helping Your Neighbors in Need
- 18-65 Years Old
- Uninsured or Homeless
- Income at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level (apx. $30,000 for 1 person)
Location: Gary Burnstein Community Health Clinic
Robert S. Peterson Building
45580 Woodward Avenue|
Pontiac, MI 48341
Contact Info: Phone (248) 309-3752
Oakland County Home Improvement Program
Qualified homeowners may receive interest-free loans of up to $18,000 to make needed home repairs, includi?ng barrier free access and energy saving upgrades.
Oakland County staff is with you all the way from helping you apply for the loan to overseeing all repair work and paying pre-screened contractors.
To qualify, you must:
* Own and live in your own home in Oakland County (the City of Lake Angelus, Novi Township, Southfield Township and Village of Bingham Farms do not participate in the program).
* Meet gross household income limits set by the federal government.
Oakland County also offers Housing and Counseling Services. Get advice on Mortgage or Tax Foreclosure, Buying a House, Reverse Mortgages, Credit issues and more.
To apply for a home improvement loan or for more information about the services Oakland County offers, go to OCHousingPrograms.com or call (248) 858-5401.
Michigan 211 is a free, confidential service that connects people with local community-based organizations across the state offering thousands of different programs and services for people seeking answers. If you need help for yourself, a neighbor or a loved one, call 211 or search the 211 website at www.mi211.org to find out where to get help. 211 has information on more than 30,000 different programs and services across the state, and they can assist people who need help finding resources with food, utilities, housing, along with many other services.
AA Meetings in Lake Orion - Alcoholics Anonymous is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical, and available almost everywhere. There are no age or education requirements. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem. Please click on this link to find meetings in the Lake Orion community: http://www.aa-semi.org/meetingsResults.php?c=LAKE%20ORION
Al-Anon Family Groups in Oakland County, Michigan
- For information on meetings in Oakland county offering strength and hope for friends and families of problem drinkers, please click on the following link: http://oaklandafg.org/meetings/
Life Challenge Ministries: A Mission of Hope – For information on a program offering hope, healing and help for people who struggle with addiction please click on the following link: http://lcministries.org/
Lakeshore Legal Aid
– for information on services for free civil legal aid services for Michigan’s low-income people and seniors please click on the following link: http://lakeshorelegalaid.org/.
Prescription Drug Use
For information on Prescription drug use please click on the following link - https://www.oakgov.com/health/information/Pages/Prescription-Drug-Abuse.aspx.
For information on quitting smoking please click on the following link - https://smokefree.gov/.